What is NOVOCART® Inject?
NOVOCART® Inject is a combination of autologous cartilage cells and an in situ polymerizable hydrogel.. Using NOVOCART Inject®, for suitable indications, circumscribed articular cartilage defects can be biologically reconstructed purely arthroscopically.
The main features of the autologous chondrocyte product NOVOCART Inject® are:
- High vitality
- Individually manufactured for each patient
- Arthroscopic OP procedure
- Use of GMP-compliant manufactured homologous serum
- Use of a high-quality, in situ polymerizable biomaterial subjected to a validated quality control, depending on load
- Capable of synthesizing the important matrix components collagen Type-II and aggrecan
- Capable of synthesizing important growth and differentiation factors
- Exclusion of over-expression of dedifferentiation markers (collagen Type-I) and of cartilage-destructive inflammation mediators such as Interleukin-1ß
- Manufactured and delivered 3 weeks after cartilage extraction
- No antibiotics or antimycotics